Monday, April 16, 2012

silly kid


We've been flipping through the archives for some examples of what we feel is Emmett's singularly zany nature... something of a visual catalogue of classics, a condensed, Linkletter-esque "kompendium of  kookiness".  Here's what we've come up with:

"Mom, I have a chipmunk in my pants!!!"...Emmett was given an electric chipmunk toy for Easter 2011 (see "Tom-tom" in earlier posts).  Eventually Tom-tom became a prop for this little bit of physical humor.  Emmett called out to Jessica one morning to come upstairs for one of Emmett's frequent, urgent announcements.  The announcement on this day was, "Mom, I have a chipmunk in my pants!", with Tom-tom stuffed down Emmett's sweatpants after some type of yoga exercise gone awry. As Jessica tells it, "I was laughing so hard I couldn't keep the camera steady, but I had to take a picture."

Emmett also has been interested in driving a car, and eventually announced "I am ready to start driving now!" (while standing on the seat and looking through the steering wheel)
"But Emmett, in order to drive, you'll need to see through the windshield and also put your feet on the pedals."
"Oh, OK, I can do that, see? I can operate the pedals and see through the windshield!"
Which, technically, is true.

But he still didn't get the keys.


"Dad, I am so little I can wear one of your shirts as clothes!"

cleaning up is (or can be) glamorous...

Emmett "wearing" Jessica's boots

Dad: "Emmett, we are on BART now, on a subway going under the waterrrr" (spoken in a pirate voice).
Emmett: "Yarrrrr, want to see my treasure?" (Thomas trains in his lunch box)...

No comments:

Post a Comment